Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden's bodyguard: I had orders to kill him if the Americans tried to take him alive


A SHIVER ran down Nasser al-Bahri’s spine as he heard the gruesome details of Osama bin Laden’s final moments.

He was suddenly transported back in time to a cave in Afghanistan where the terrorist mastermind had told him exactly how he intended to die.

It was August, 1998, and al-Qaeda had just bombed two US embassies.

Bin Laden knew he was now America’s most hunted man so he called in his devoted bodyguard and gave him a chilling order.

Al-Bahri recalls how “The Sheik”, pulled out a revolver with two bullets in the chamber and handed it to him.

“He told me, ‘If ever the Americans encircle me, I absolutely do not want to end my life as a prisoner of the United States. So you will be in charge of killing me’.”

Bin Laden drew him closer and explained: “I would rather receive two bullets in the head than be taken prisoner. I want to die a martyr – but certainly not in prison.”

Al-Bahri says: “When I heard of his death my first thought was that he had got his wish. But I’m glad I did not have to pull the trigger.”

While millions in the West were celebrating the death of his former boss, al-Bahri, 39, was mourning the loss of the fanatic he still describes as “an unrivalled leader of men”.

Read more:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/04/osama-bin-laden-s-bodyguard-i-had-orders-to-kill-him-if-the-americans-tried-to-take-him-alive-115875-23105618/#ixzz1LM4EkuQc

No comments:

Post a Comment